Thursday, August 21, 2014

To the Mountain

  The trip to Metcalf Bottoms wasn't as fun as I hoped. We stopped on way up to pick up subs for our lunch. I forgot about schools being in session which turned out to be a good thing..no kids. Our favorite spot was open with no one around. We ate first but Richard said, "Take Baxter's leach off. He won't go anywhere." Famous last words. He took off and totally ignored our commands to come or stay. I finally caught up with him and we ate while holding on to his leach. Then I took purchasers to the water and put them in, went back and got Baxter. He walked around in the water but then seemed ready to get out. We sat in our chairs for a bit but Baxter was unsettled. I walked him around again but he was over it and I was as well. I dried him off and put him in the car with the Windows halfway down and started gathering everything up. RICHARD came up and helped getting things together. We looked up and there strolled Baxter!  How he got out of that window was a surprise. It had to be a desperate tight squeeze! I put him back in, closed the Windows and started the car. We took off and I was ready to head home but Richard wanted to go home via Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. It was a too long drive and Baxter was restless. Home at last and a less than fun trip for Bax. We had several storms last evening but no damage here...later

No comments: