Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Book

I barely started my new book...Kansas Bleeding. I read a few pages before going to the gym and was going to read more while waiting for Richard, but people kept coming up and talking to me. This morning I made the cookie dough for valentine cookies with the kids. I forgot how much this recipe makes. It's Richard's mom's recipe and I should have halved it. I'll just freeze half of it. I also made a raspberry pound cake. Now I'm thinking that the kids won't like it because of the raspberries, so I may buy a small one. Madison likes her pound cake with nutella. Yesterday was the first day for the pool to be opened at the gym after putting in a new pump. It opened just before we got there so it wasn't heated and it was mighty chilly! However, it was really refreshing and I felt really good afterward. It will likely be much warmer today. We have to go early because the cable guy is coming over between 3 and 5 to hook up our new DVD player.
We really didn't get much of a storm yesterday. It was windy, but not overly and it rained hard for about 10 minutes. We lost power for 1 minute. I'm anxious to see what Gina got in Pittsburgh and what is going on in Cincy. Later....

No comments: