Tuesday, September 20, 2011
A tough Time for Jim and Family
Jim is my sweet son-in-law and his brother died yesterday. His brother had had many health issues lately and the good thing is that he is in peace now. The tough thing is losing a family member. I hope Jim feels the love and affection we all have for him at this time! Today for me is just busy. I got up this morning and made chicken pot pies for the freezer. Yesterday I discovered the reason that my cupboard under the sink is wet. Our disposal is rusting out at the bottom and there is a hole in one place. Also, our neighbor called me yesterday morning and asked me if I had noticed that several shingles from our roof were gone. No, I didn't, but we called David who put on our new roof last month and he is coming over to fix that and he is also going to put in a new disposal for us. I put the new drapes up, but they are not long enough so R. is going to lower the rod. It's always something. Last week we talked to Richard's sister who is now living in Pittsburgh with her husband in an assisted living facility. Mario fell and is not doing very well, so we knew we needed to get up there to see them. We called Gina, their daughter and told her we wanted to come up for the weekend. We will leave here early Friday morning and drive to Pittsburgh and stay with Gina and family. I'm not looking forward to the drive! Our GPS took us through Columbus, and said 7hrs 46 minutes. Going through Clarksburg and Morgantown is almost 9 hrs. but looks more direct. I know there is construction around Columbus so we will probably take the WVA route. I'm thinking we may stop in Columbus on Sunday on the way back..maybe for lunch to see Miss Eva and of course her parents. We'll see....later..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment