Sunday, February 23, 2014
Yard Work...
Got the shrubs cut back and then started on cutting back the ivy which we will finish today. I made a killer burnch today, but certainly not for the diet conscious. This is a winner, but will be a rare occasion. I made Michael Simon's French Toast. Used thick slices of Brioche dipped in an egg/1/2 and 1/2, vanilla, cinnamon mixture. Then processed corn flakes and almonds to dip them in. Sautéed the bread in butter for 3 min. per side and then put in 375 oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile I sautéed sliced bananas in butter and carmelized and added pure maple syrup. Spooned this over the French Toast and served with a Mimosa and bacon. Let me just say...Delicious!! I'll keep the recipe but won't make it for a long, long time. We got some beautiful French cut pork chops at Trader Joe's and I'll make those for dinner with roasted potatoes, fennel and shallots. The pork chops will be marinaded in a spice mixture of fennel seeds, rosemary, garlic, s and p and drizzle of evoo. I don't think we'll need to eat the rest of the week...Time to get outside. Downton Abbey finale tonight for 2 hrs. That makes me sad! I'm ready for Olympics to be over..enough is enough although I really have enjoyed them....later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment