Thursday, March 22, 2018

Baking 101

Richard needs baking lessons. He loves to make banana nut bread and doesn't want my help. First of all it's his Mom's recipe and the recipe card was old and stained so I wrote it larger so he could see it better. He liked the old recipe. He made it a few weeks ago and it was dry. He said he may have put too much flour in it. When I asked him if he measured it he said he used the flour scoop and assumed it was 1 cup! Today I told him to measure and what cup to use. Instead he got the liquid measuring cup. I told him he wouldn't get the correct amount. So he got the dry measuring cup and didn't know you put the flour to the top and leveled it off. I think he did okay with the rest of it. This recipe calls for crisco and walnuts. I made it once with butter and pecans. He liked it and when I told him I used butter and pecans he said he knew it tasted different! After that I let him do it his way. It takes him twice as long and he has everything out on the counter but he is happy so that's worth it all.😁😁

No comments: