Tuesday, August 26, 2008

OkIay..here I go. I wasn't going to get into politics other than saying I'm for Obama. I just decided I need to say why I'm for him and what he stands for. I am not a registered Democrat, although I have never voted for a Republican for president. I have voted Republican for other offices.
George Bush has been the worst (in my opinion) president I have ever known. He has surrounded himself with like minds rather than those who could present different views. He has lied to us. He has made us hated around the world. He is arrogant and he has run the economy into the ground. We are conservative investors and yet have lost a lot of money in the past 8 years. I go to bed at night and worry about the future of my children, grandchildren and their children. Every generation since I have been born has bettered themselves...achieved more than their patents. I do not think our grandchildren have that in their future. Already the world has become a dangerous place. They don't have the childhood I or their parents had. . I feel very strongly that we must go in a new direction. I do not see McCain leading us there. Yes, Obama is somewhat of an unknown, but he offers hope and I, for one am counting on that. I do not think McCain is a bad person. He has been a valiant soldier and effective senator, but I believe voting for him will keep us in the downward spin we have been in for the past 8 years.
I'm willing to take that chance. We can't always be afraid to go out on a limb.
That's all I'm going to say about my views except I will be making comments from time to time but no more soap box goings on from me! God Bless America!!

No comments: