Friday, August 29, 2008

Prejudice

The definition of prejudice is...for or against something before one knows the facts. I'm not sure I agree with the dictionary on that. How many of have heard someone say that they are not prejudiced. I firmly believe we all have our own set of prejudices. The song from South Pacific says that "you have to be taught to hate..." I also believe that our life experiences help us become prejudiced. What I can't accept are blanket prejudices....people who are prejudiced about all people of a certain color, religion, ethnic group, etc. Now, on a lighter side.....
Richard has gone to do the grocery shopping. I cut veggies for dip and am about to bake some savory walnut/rosemary wafers to go with our cheese and fruit this evening. I saw the recipe in Cooking Light and it appealed to me.
My back is a lot better so I will be going to the gym this afternoon. No plans for the weekend. I may go in to Knoxville to the Democratic Headquarters and pick up some info.
Have a fun and safe weekend!! Judy

1 comment:

Dogs Mom said...

So, um, Mom...who pissed you off?