Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Feeling like Fall

It's really feeling like fall today. We still don't have frost here, but the mountains have it and just a bit north also. I'm going to walk Wolfie, but I want to wait until the sun has a chance to warm things up a bit. My flowers in the front are doing much better now that it has cooled down.
We watched "Living With the Wolfman" last night on Animal Planet. I'm sure Madison couldn't watch because it was on from 10-11. Hopefully, it will be aired at different times so she can see it.
On another note...do men ever really hear what we say? Yesterday Richard was cleaning his bathroom. He wanted to know how to use the Swiffer on the floor. I started to explain it to him, he was doing a puzzle and not even looking at me. I finally got his attention and explained the "intricacy" of the mop. Then, I got the mop and the wet pads and put them on the oak cabinet for him. Some time later he was looking for them around the utility room and I showed him where they were. He fumbled around asking me how this worked...I did it for him. He can figure out problems on the computer, but he couldn't figure out this mop!! My question...do they just act dumb so that we'll come to their aid? I guess things equal out because the computer and technical things do confuse me. Later...Judy

2 comments:

maggie said...

Your porch looks beautiful. Don't short change yourself on the technical things you have been doing awesome, adding photos to your blog, having a blog, you rock. Men just want us to get frustrated and do it ourselves.

Dogs Mom said...

I don't want to sound mean and I love you Richard, but there are some things you can figure out for yourselves without asking for help - I think sometimes, it may just be your used to getting help...like I tell my students - I won't help you until I see you've tried on your own!!!