Saturday, March 31, 2012
Tick Season
I really detest ticks..they are awful creatures. Last night I had a small one on my leg and today Baster showed up and we pulled 2 off of him. I'm sure it's going to be a bad season. Baxter doesn't wear a flea/tick collar and I'm tempted to call his people and ask them if they mind my getting one for him. We got our at our vets and found it to be pretty effective. We also gave our dogs Advantage for fleas. Because Wolfie was so large we needed to do both. So..yesterday I got the deck cleaned and planted my herbs. My thyme and parsley are perennials and were flourishing all winter. I got chives, basil, sage and mint, but they didn't have tarragon..oh, dill as well. I got orange mint and it is in a pot by itself since it is so invasive. I really love tarrogon, so will pick it up someplace. This morning I made humming bird food and put that feeder out. I'm sure they will be coming soon. This afternoon we're going to get the fountain going. I'm sure the birds will love that. We get a lot of pleasure watching them bathe. A few years ago it was mainly robins using it with titmice and chickadees getting in a bit. Last year and cardinals really love it along with robins and other small birds. Strangely, the wrens never get in it. The rain we had yesterday evening was just enough...gentle. Sunny today and we'll be watching golf and basketball. Go Ohio State!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment