Monday, October 8, 2012

Rainy and Cold Monday

We met with Richard's care givers to get an update on his progress.  It was pretty much as we suspected.  He has hit a plateau and isn't making further progress.  He is unable to transfer alone and needs the help of 2 people to do so.  He also cannot sit up alone as he hasn't the strength to keep his balance.  We have asked that a neurologist be called to see if he has any insights.  It doesn't look like he'll be able to go home any time soon, if at all.  He has 50 more days available to him at this place, but with no progress being made it may be time to search for another facility.  Other than that it is a dreary day and we decided not to go to the gym today, but tomorrow instead.  I'm looking forward to sunshine for the rest of the week and I'm hoping the weekend will be beautiful.  It's supposed to be lovely here and I hope it will be the same in Kentucky and Ohio for the weeke nd and following week when I'll be in columbus....later....

No comments: