Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What a Mess!!!!!

I can't imagine the mess in the East.  It's really sad.  Here it is just cold and rainy, but sunshine is supposed to return tomorrow.  I've just been doing this and that this morning and looking at recipes to decide about Thanksgiving menu.  I'm going to post a carrot souffle that I had at Linda's and it was very delicious.  It serves 10-12 and I'll give the full recipe, but I'm going to halve it. It is an Emeril recipe.  As you can see it isn't diet friendly, but it's Thanksgiving...time for a splurge!
Ingredients:
1/2 T. vegetable oil
6 large eggs
3 pound carrots
2 cups light brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 T. orange zest
1 1/2 t. baking powder
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. fresh grated nutmeg
pinch of salt
Topping:
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 c. all purpose flour
4 T . unsalted butter at room temp.
Directions  Preheat oven to 350  Grease 9 x 13 casserole with the oil and set aside. Bring pot of water to boil, add carrots and cook until tender.  Drain and combine with remaining .  in food processor and process until smooth and   Spoon into Casserole.  Combine topins in bowl and scatter over top.  Bake 55 min to 1 hour until topping is lightly brown.   Enjoy!

No comments: