Tuesday, June 28, 2016

78!!

I had a lovely birthday. I woke up and came out to the greatroom   to find a vase of yellow daisies..perfect for a June day. There was also a gift bag with fun socks Richard knows I like socks so I'll have cute ones for cold weather. Of course a card accompanied all of this and I can always count on a risque message written in. This year it was from a lyric from a Duran Duran song. Several years ago I was driving home fromBethany School with Maggie and Muir when this song came on. I thought he was singing, "If you're lonely in your nightgown let me in." That wasn't what he was singing, but my version stuck with me and that was written on my card! Later in the morning I felt the need to clear my head so took off driving to the mountains. I came back refreshed. We went to dinner in Knoxville..Bonefish. I had lobster and Richard had mussels. Now for a note about Pat Summit. She was so loved and such a humble person who will be sorely missed. I do think that with her prognosis, it was a blessing that she died as soon as she did. It is a sad time in Big Orange Country!!...later

No comments: