Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sweet Potato Fries

I made sweet potato fries to go with our sausage sandwiches and both were resoundingly successful according to Richard. He loved them both and he has been anti sweet potato anything for a long time. Here is how to achieve very crispy fries..
Peel and slice potatoes pretty thin..put into baggie and coat lightly with 2 tbs corn starch..shake off excess corn starch and put into a bowl and drizzle with ghee or evoo (ghee is best and can be bought at Trader Joe's)...put on a sheet pan that is covered with parchment paper (foil or anything else won't work)....bake at 400 for 35 minutes. I also sprinkled mine with Lowry's seasoned salt and they were perfect!#! We loved them! Chilly mornings here. I've put heat on the last two mornings to heat the house. Not used to time change yet..got up at 4:45.....later
...
.


No comments: