Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hail To Our Chief!


I am so proud and excited about the inauguration of our new President. It was a very moving speech and I hope our country/people will rise to the occasion and do what needs to be done to get our country back on track. Our celebration of this day continues. It started this morning with Eggs Benedict. At noon we had biscuits baked with cream cheese and green pepper jelly. Later this afternoon I will make oven baked potato chips with a blue cheese dip and later still we will have roasted shrimp with coctail sauce and finally egg rolls. I haven't been able to be far from the TV. I'll be here most of the day and evening. God Bless America and God Bless our President and his family!!!!
These pictures are of out little snowfall. It is so pretty and because it is so cold, it is sticking. Every time cheyenne comes in she has ice to bite out of her paws. That doesn't seem to be a problem for wolfie.
My parting words to my readers is to step up to the plate and help our country recover in whatever way you can do. I hope to do my part. Love....Mom

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the first step would have been not to have the biggest inauguration ever at the cost of $150,000,000. As tough as the times are now, it is a little hard to swallow.

Anonymous said...

By the way, that cost is 3 times higher than any other inauguration!

Dogs Mom said...

Wow Anne, that's quite the positive attitude you've got going for the country! I think the majority of us are willing to pay that for the change that's hopefully coming.

Dogs Mom said...

By the way, the cost is 3 times higher than any other inauguration because there are 3 times the number of people interested in being a part of this awesome history and so there was 3 times the need for security. Just saying! Love you!

Dogs Mom said...

Oh, and one last thing: According to Media Matters, when security and inflation are incorporated in the price tag, Mr. Obama's inauguration will actually cost less then George W. Bush's in 2005.

Anonymous said...

You all seem to miss my point. He talks about us making serious changes, but he starts by spending a record amount of money for the inauguration. He should probably lead by example rather than expecting us to do what he is not doing. I seriously doubt that all of the people who have been laid off of government jobs are willing to pay for the change that you believe is coming. That money could have put a lot of government employees in Ohio back to work. This is not serious change, it is more of the same.