Friday, May 8, 2009

Good Reads

I just finished a good read...Baker Towers by Jennifer Haigh. It began around WWII and went into the fifties through the 60s...my time and also in Pennsylvania Coal Country. While it didn't relate to my life it did relate to many around me...a little before. Well written and very interesting. I'm not sure what I'll read next, but I have several options.
A crazy afternoon and evening around here...weather wise. We seem to be protected by our proximity to the mountains, but the counties surrounding us have had extreme weather and the tv has only been dealing with that so no regular programing. I read all evening after an evening of brie with fruit and bread. We're hoping to go to the market tomorrow morning and then to see our friend's Model A cars. After that we'll come home to watch la crosse on ESPN2 and after that we need to get mulch and put it down.. Hope the weather will agree with our plan. Later....

No comments: