Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Hit The Jackpot

So yesterday we went to Olive Garden for lunch and just across from Olive Garden is an upscale consignment shop. As we left R. asked me if I wanted to go in there and I replied that I did not, but he thought we should go look. I started looking and found a really nice 3/4 length coat that I liked..It's very classy..more a jacket since it has no buttons, etc. Then I started looking at jackets and I ended up liking a brown suede one and a rose colored one. I asked R. which he liked and he told me to get both. Now I had the 3 items. In the meantime R. was looking around and he started pointing out purses to me. I found 2 that we both liked and he told me to get both of them. Then I announced that I was finished and he wanted me to keep looking, but I didn't. The purses are like new as are the jackets. This place has beautiful stuff and very reasonably priced. I got all of this for 212. and some change. After that we want to Barnes and Nobel's and I got Christmas gifts and then to Sam's. I got a new comfy throw for the back of my chair. My old one is one Muir got me with rabbits on and I love it, but it now has holes in it and is fraying. I won't throw it away. At any rate we spent money yesterday like we really had it. Anyone who likes nice things but is reluctant to spend the money should try out the consignment shops. The quality of the one I was in was very nice...lots of things from Talbots and Chicos and other labels that were well known. Today...rainy. I've made jello and cut up vegetable for snacks and we'll be eating leftovers all week. We also got a chicken at Sam's....later....

No comments: