Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hot Followed by Storms



In the picture to the right of Richard and me you can see the Colorado River.




Another hot day yesterday, but last night it started to storm. We got a good amount of rain and a bit of thunder and lightning, but nothing big. Today it's quite cool. Last evening my humming birds returned. Actually I've only seen 1 so far and she is incredibly tiny and green. She drank and drank until dark. She was at it again this morning. Now we have to go on the hunt for a special feeder. We have one utilitarian one, but we always have a unique and decorative one where we can watch and see and the previous one died last year. I also will post a picture soon of my crazy wren. I hung 2 hanging baskets out on my front stoop and 2 days after that Miss Jenny Wren had already built her nest in one of them. She has 5 eggs in there. This basket is right by the front door and every time I go out that door she flies. Anyway, today it is very cool so it is the perfect day for me to clean upstairs in anticipation of Carol's visit next week. I'm also going to post some pictures of The Grand Canyon....later...

No comments: