Friday, April 1, 2011
We're Here!!!
This place is to die for!! We had some issues with the new GPS which I got R. for our anniversary. First of all, neither of us really knew how to use it and when we decided to use it to get from the aiport rental place to our motel we really didn't believe what she was telling us. Finally we got to our destination and had an ok night. This morning we left early and went to the Botanical Desert Gardens in Phoenix...it blew our minds. I have never seen anything so beautiful! I took tons of pictures but we didn't bring the UBS thing so we'll have to wait until we get home to post them. We could have stayed there much longer, but it was getting hot...100 today in Phoenix and it was 95 when we left at 9:30. After that we went to Frank Lloyds Wrights home here, but the tour was 90 minutes long and most of it was outside...too hot for us. We walked around the gift shop and then decided to leave for Payson where our resport is located. Everyone talks about Payson and how great it is. It is right in the mountains and 20 degrees cooler than Phoenix. The drive here was just beautiful. I've never seen so many or such diverse plants/cacti in my life. We arrived in Payson and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then found a Walmart where we shopped for food for the week. This resort is just beautiful...very western..dude ranchy, but very tasteful. We usually get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath place, but this is an efficiency and just perfect for us. The furniture is very rustic and we have our own patio and it leads right to the pool. The afternoon sun is on our patio now, but it will be great for the evening and in the morning. I'm thinking that breakfast may be eaten on the patio tomorrow. There is also a large, very nice gas grill right there for us to use. If the rest of the week stinks we will still be happy with what we've done so far. There is so much to do around here. I know we will be going to Sedona which everyone says we will fall in love with. I'm already in love with what we've seen and done so far. It's 4:30 here, but 7:30 at home. I think we may go for a dip soon. Right now I'm having a glass of wine and R. is having a vodka and tonic...eat your hearts out!!.....later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment