Thursday, August 16, 2012

Our Day in Aspen

The drive down to Aspen was beautiful and very different from what we are used to seeing. When we started out we were seeing ranches and then open ranges.  At one point we saw a huge herd of sheep with their sheep dog keeping watch and 2 riders on horseback as well.  They were grazing along the side of the mountain.  We hit I-70 and that part of the drive was breath-taking along the Colorado and huge mountains and canyons.  I will post the pictures I took, many taken in the car as we were driving, soon.  The town of Aspen was very pretty with town squares full of flowers and up-scale shops such as Prada and Ralph Lauren to name a few.  There were restaurants everywhere, but the menus were odd.  We finally settled on one but were sorry we chose it and food prices were way high.We took 2 bus rides around the city with one being good, the other not so much.  The city was very busy with too many tourists, etc.  All in all...glad we saw it and loved the ride down, but not that impressed with Aspen.  We like Steamboat much better.  Today I plan to take my camera to the gym and take pictures there.  It is a very pretty place..you'll see....later...

No comments: