Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Venting

Just talked to Maggie...she has power back and she told me Anne does at well , but the kids still are out of school today. I forgot to ask if Muir has school. She still doesn't have her cable so can't blog.
I went to a new class at the gym today...Nia. I really liked it and will continue to go. It's just a 6 week class and when it's over there is no day class..only and evening one. I do my gym stuff during the day. Evening is for home, so I guess it will just be for awhile.
I'm so pissed off about the state of our economy and it's all because of the greed in this country. Everyone wants more than they can afford...bigger houses, bigger cars..more, more, more. And..the lenders were greedy enough to allow that to happen. The people who are responsible suffer...Another thing that makes me really disgusted is that when people are told to evacuate or face death, but refuse to comply. They put rescue workers at risk as well as causing the cost of this whole storm to sky rocket. I really don't feel sorry for them...well maybe a little bit.
Maggie wanted this recipe for Chicken Stroganoff. Trip and Susan are coming this weekend and she may make this. I hope they like it.
Chicken Stroganoff
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken
1 T. butter
1 T. olive oil
1 med onion
1 1/2 T butter
1 T. flour
1 cup unsalted chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 t. nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine

No comments: