Friday, September 26, 2008

Wolfie Walk

Yesterday I promised Wolvie that I would walk him today if it wasn't raining, so we went to the Greenway at 8:30. He knows when we are near and he gets so excited. We had a great walk and he drank twice out of his new collapsable bowl.
Yesterday they called me from the library to tell me Twilight was finally in, so I picked it up after our walk and put the next book, New Moon, on reserve. There is only one reserve ahead of me so I need to get busy. I'm in the middle of a book I must finish before I start Twilight. Ellen Crosby wrote this book...Bordeaux Betrayal..it takes place in the wine country of Virginia. Her other books are..The Merlot Murders, The Chardonnay Charade and Moscow Nights. I really like this book!
I'm not going to the gym this afternoon since I walked this morning. I'll spend the afternoon cooking...making minestrone and apple raisen muffins. I hope to get in a bunch of reading.
Thursday evening I made a great shrimp and orzo recipe that took all of about 15 minutes from start to finish. Here is the recipe...Richard loved it.
peel your shrimp..for the 2 of us I used 14 large shrimp. Salt and pepper them. Melt 1 Tbs. of butter and 1 Tbs. olive oil. Add 2 scallions and 2 minced garlic cloves. In the meantime boil 1/2 cup orzo. (It takes 6 minutes) then drain it. Add shrimp to onion and oils...when almost done add 2 lemon slices and 1/2 cup white wine. Reduce the wine, add the drained orzo top with chopped parsley and serve. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. (I get bags of frozen peeled shrimp from Sam's and always have it on hand for things like this.
Last night was the opening of The Office..my favorite show. It was good, but not great...a little disappointing.
Well, I'm looking forward to the debate tonight between Obama and an empty chair. Seriously, I don't see how McCain can not do this. Come on...if he can't handle this during our crisis what else can he not handle? Later...Judy
Oh, while I was back here typing this I heard a big crash on Wildwood Rd. First I heard the screeching of tires and then the impace...BAM!!! Now I hear the sirens..so does Wolfie...he's being a wolf and howling.....

No comments: