Friday, December 21, 2012
COLD!!!
Actually it's in the mid 30s but due to the wind it feels like 20. We didn't get any of the high winds that were predicted. Knoxville did get some of that. Today is the first day of winter and it feels like it. I guess there were some flurries this morning but so far I haven't seen any. Yesterday was totally awful. It rained most of the time I was out. Richard went to his house with therapist to see what he could do. Some changes will have to be made. He has to get a hospital bed and get rid of the water bed. He doesn't want to do that, but he has to face up to some realities. Things aren't going to be the same. He will also have to change bathrooms. The one off his bedroom is much smaller and he can't manage that. He will have to use the other one off the hall which is larger and more doable for him. He also will not be able to transfer to his living room furniture. The couch and chair are both too low and he no longer has arm strength to get up out of them. He has had permanent nerve damage to his arms. We will spend part of Christmas day at his house. I'll make appetizers and we'll play some games, listen to music and then take him back. Then we'll come home and have our Christmas dinner here...later.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment