Monday, July 8, 2013
Cleaning Up
...Shortly after I blogged yesterday the electricity went off. After two hours we decided to take a ride and get out of the house. It happened at the start of the third set and Murray was one game behind. We were gone for over an hour and when got back it still wasn't on so we took off in another direction and were gone about another hour. Still no power when we got back but we did go in. It was still raining and even harder than before. I called Alcoa Elec. and found out that lightning had struck a main sub station. R. was convinced we would have no power but I thought it would come on soon. We were discussing going out for something to eat when it popped back on. Almost 5 hrs. It's amazing how boring it can be with no power This morning I have been weeding, doing laundry, filling the humming bird feeder and emptying the saucers from container plants. Two of them I can't lift so R can attend to that. It's supposed to be sunny for the next 3 days before we get heavy rains on Thurs and Fri. We are now 20 inches over normal rainfall for the year and I'm about ready to move to the desert. That's my saga for today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment