Monday, October 26, 2015

British Columbia

The Day was very stressful and long! By the end of the day I was so tired I couldn't think. Richard was as bad. We are here sniping at each other so I just shut up. Our place is a studio and very nice but not what I prefer. It's now almost 5 am and we're both up. Usually I have a few hours in the morning to myself. I got up T 4 and he told me to turn on the light and make my coffee. Up now. Beautiful site off of our Juliet balcony. A fellow we met on the plane warned us about Vancouver traffic but we weren't prepared for how  bad it really is. It took us almost two hours to go about 30 miles to get out of it. The city is beautiful with big apartment buildings and high end stores. Once out.  Of the city it was easy going with breathtaking views. We drove up with the Pacific ocean on our left and  snow-capped  mountains overlooking the ocean. It is 75 miles up here but took us close to 4 hours due to Vancouver traffic. Whistler is a very pretty and active place. We were so tired by the time we checked in...we hadn't eaten all day and needed  food and alcohol. I can't see why there are any drinks in Canada..alcohol is EXPENSIVE! We ended up getting food and booze to bring back to our room..good decision. We tried to watch our Sunday tv shows but both fell asleep by 9.. Up now..I have coffee and  juice and Richard on the computer. We'll  have toast  in awhile and explore and have lunch later.......later

No comments: