Saturday, September 8, 2012

Baxter

We were getting worried about not seeing Baxter since we got home.  We figured he thought we abandoned him, but yesterday as were were coming home from seeing Richard we saw this dog in the driveway that resembled him, but looked smaller.  Then I saw the green collar and I knew it was him.  I jumped out of the car and yelled for him, but he disappeared.  I went in the house and looked out front, but no Baxter.  Then, all of a sudden he was at the deck door, but just standing there.  He wouldn't come in.  I finally convinced him to come in and gave him a treat.  We made over him and all was fine.  He was here for the evening.  I put him out just before dark.  This morning at 7:30 he was back and has been in and out all morning.  We're supposed to get rain but none yet.  It's so good to have him back.  At some point this afternoon we'll go to see Richard.  Yesterday he was in the community room doing crafts when we got there.  He was very groggy..almost zombie-like.  Nothing much else going on.....later.....

No comments: