Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Home!
Yesterday was interesting. R. called just before 10 to say he was being released. I got dressed and rushed down there. He had had his shower and was dressed except for his shoes. After the nurse gave us all of the instructions we headed home. First we had to stop at Walgreen's for 3 prescriptions. I handed them in and then we went to Macdonalds to get lunch. We didn't go in but got what we wanted and pulled up to a spot under a tree and ate. When I went back to pick up the scripts, two were ready and the third, which was oxycodone was not because the Dr. had written an amount that didn't exist. Because of what it was, the Dr. couldn't just call in a correct amount, so I had to go back to his office at UT and pick up a new and correct script. When I took it back to Walgreens they told me it would be about 45 min. After a roll of the eyes, I went to Kroger's to pick up a few things I needed and then back to the pharmacy. It was almost ready and we were ready to go home. I felt bad for R. because he was just 4 days after major surgery!! He wasn't complaining , though. He got in and upstairs and I went back down to get things out of the car. I got him settled in his chair and he wanted a bloody mary. For a bit I was running around like a crazy lady and to coupound matters, I couldn't find his glasses which I had had in my hands when I got out of the car. I looked for them for 30 minutes in every place I could think of. I went down to the car 3 more times looking and finally looked in the trash can where I had thrown the Macdonalds trash. There they were. Anyway the evening went fine. He dozed on and off in his chair. Wasn't really hungry in spite of the fact I made him salmon, which he usually loves. We ended up watch Homeland which I had DVRd and Last Tango in Halifax and then Bill Maher from Friday night before turning in. He slept well and this morning we went to get his blood tested for Comoudan levels. That has to be done twice a week while he is on it which should only be a month. A beautiful day today. It's a shame the park is closed. I would love to take him for a picnic sometime next week.....later.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment