Saturday, October 12, 2013
The Drop of the Other Shoe
R is back in the hospital. Here is how it went down...his blood pressure was high yesterday and he was having increasing shortness of breath. When the nurse called with his coumadan order she asked if everything else was going okay. I told her about the above and she said she would alert the Dr. and we should expect a call shortly from them. When they called R told them what was going on and he said due to it being Friday and it could be something or nothing we should come to the ER. When we got there they did an EKG, started an IV did a couple echocardiograms, started some meds, etc....His heartrate was all over the place. When it seemed certain that they were going to admit him I came back home to get a few things and then went back. They already had a room ready for him and then his doctor came in and told us that this was very common with aortic valve replacement and they were administering meds to control it and they wanted to keep him under observation for 23 hours. Once he was settled back in a room I came home. He called last night around 10 and was fine. I'm expecting to get him home early this evening. That's all from this end.....later.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment