Friday, October 4, 2013
My Thursday
Yesterday wasn't as bad as I anticipated. We arrived at UT a bit before 6 a.m. where R. was checked in. I was with him until shortly after 7 and went to surgery waiting room from there. They took him to surgery right on time at 8 and he was under way by 9. I did some puzzles and got a USA Today and Knoxville paper which kept me occupied until Linda arrived. We went to the cafeteria around 12:30. My stomach was kind of queasy, but I was hungry so I got a taco and coke and we sat there for a quick lunch. When we got back to waiting it wasn't long at all before they called my name and ::Dr. Everett was there to talk to me. Ie told me everything went smoothly in surgery and I could see him in an hour or so. So surgery lasted around four and a half hours..just what he said..between 4 and 5 hrs. From there we went across the hall to wait in the CCU waiting room. While we were there we saw 3 family members waiting from the crash on I40 Wednesday. They called me back to see him in just about an hour. He wasn't awake but I talked to the nurse who said all of his vitals were good. After that Linda and I left. In the late afternoon..shortly after 5 his nurse called me to tell me he was awake and he had taken out his breathing tube. I also got to talk to R. and he also talked to me..not really a conversation but a few words.."I love you". The nurse also said he was feeling and pain, but was dealing with it. I made a bunch of calls and then watched some tv. It was a strange feeling because we interact when watching together and I kept looking over at his chair to tell him something but he wasn't there. I went to bed by 9:30 and slept well. I woke up shortly after 4 and watched a bit of tv. It's now 5:10 and Baxter and I are up..well I am. He's still on his bed. I have some errands this morning and will go to the hospital later this afternoon. I'll call his nurse in a while to see how the night went....later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment