Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Rainy Day
It started raining last evening and rained most of the night and is still at it..not hard, just a nice gentle rain. We need it so I'm happy. I got up at 4 this morning..yes, I said 4. I couldn't sleep so I got up did some reading and a puzzle and was ready to go to the store, but wanted to wait until it started to get light. I was back home by 8 and made my dessert which looks so yummy. The crust is of oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and butter. After that bakes you add a can of apple pie filling and top that with sweetened condensed milk with carmels melted in it and top it with more of the oatmeal topping and walnuts and bake it some more. I can't wait to sink my teeth into it. My kitchen is a disaster and as soon as I finish here I need to clean it up. Also, I'm reading a book that I can't put down! The Blessing of Animals. I'll bring it with me when I go to Cincy. I want Anne to read it..she must! Now I need to get to the kitchen so I can go back to my book..but I don't want to finish it!...later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love that book...Anne definitely needs to read it!
Post a Comment